52 Fridays Concert Series in the Golden Nugget ShowroomGolden Nugget Las Vegas has raised the standard for entertainment in downtown Las Vegas with its acclaimed 52 Fridays Concert Series. The resort presents a diverse lineup of weekly acts, from GRAMMY award-winning pop artists to rock and roll royalty. To purchase tickets, call 866-946-5336 or click here.
- Jack Russell’s Great White – Jan. 3 at 8:00 p.m.
- California native Jack Russell is a rock vocalist and songwriter, and a founding member of early-80s hard rock radio staples Great White. Great White hit it big in 1987 with their third LP, Once Bitten…, which featured the hit single “Rock Me,” and again in 1989 with …Twice Shy, which included their chart-topping cover of Ian Hunter’s “Once Bitten Twice Shy.” Russell left the group in 1996 to pursue a solo career, and released Shelter Me in 1999 via MVP Records. Russell begin touring under the name Jack Russell’s Great White. In 2017, the band released its debut studio album, He Saw It Comin’, via Frontiers Records and tours all around the country today.
- Gary Puckett and The Union Gap – Jan. 10 at 8:00 p.m.
- Gary Puckett and The Union Gap had six consecutive Gold records and sold more records in 1968 than any other recording artist, including the Beatles. Their first big hit, “Young Girl,” topped the charts in both the US and the UK. Other big hits include “Woman Woman,” “Lady Willpower,” and “Over You.” Gary and the UGP perform to sold out crowds doing over 150 performances a year. Don’t miss their exciting return to the Golden Nugget Las Vegas!
- Ambrosia – Jan. 17 at 8:00 p.m.
- Los Angeles quartet Ambrosia, whose founding members included guitarist/vocalist David Pack, bassist/vocalist Joe Puerta, keyboardist Christopher North, and drummer Burleigh Drummond, fused symphonic art rock with a slickly produced pop sound. The group was discovered in 1971 by Los Angeles Philharmonic conductor Zubin Mehta, who featured Ambrosia as part of a so-called All-American Dream Concert. Their first record, Ambrosia, was released in 1975 and spawned the chart singles “Holdin’ on to Yesterday” and “Nice, Nice, Very Nice.” Ambrosia followed this success in 1980 with another number three hit, “Biggest Part of Me,” and the number 13 follow-up, “You’re the Only Woman.”
- The Cowsills – Jan. 24 at 8:00 p.m.
- The real-life inspiration behind the hit television series, The Partridge Family, The Cowsills were one of the biggest pop acts of the late 60s. They were distinguished by their angelic harmonies and sun-kissed melodies. The group’s origins lie with brothers Bill and Bob, who as children began their singing careers covering Everly Brothers hits. Upon signing with MGM in 1967, The Cowsills with their lineup now numbering seven (brother Paul, sister Susan and mother Barbara joining the original four) had their first million-selling single, “The Rain, the Park and Other Things.” “Indian Lake” and “We Can Fly” followed in the summer and in 1969 they had their biggest hit, the multi-million selling title song from the musical “Hair.” Today, the remaining members of The Cowsills tour and perform together and their harmonies are still as infectious and bright as ever.
- The Grass Roots – Jan. 31 at 8:00 p.m.
- The Grass Roots had a series of major hits – most notably “Let’s Live for Today,” “Midnight Confessions,” “Temptation Eyes,” and “Two Divided by Love” – that help define the essence of the era’s best radio. The Grass Roots managed to chart 14 Top 40 hits, including seven gold singles and one platinum single, and had two hit collections that effortlessly went gold.
JANUARY 2020 FEATURED TOURNAMENTS
- $100,000 Up to Snow Good Blackjack Tournament – January 2-January 5
- Celebrate the New Year with a bang by entering the $100,000 Up to Snow Good Blackjack Tournament! First place takes home a cool $50,000. Entry fee is $500.
- $25,000 Frosty’s Fat Cash Slot Tournament – January 13-January 15
- Try your luck at Frosty’s Fat Cash Slot Tournament. Prizes for finishers 1-30 on both tournament play days. First place earns $5,000. Entry fee is $100.
- $75,000 World Series of Slots Tournament – January 16-January 19
- Put your luck to the test in this massive slot tournament featuring 50 winners on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! If you capture first place during all three days of play, you get $500,000. Entry fee is $300.
A 24K Select Club card is required for entry to all gaming tournaments. For reservations, call (800) 777-5687 or email email@example.com Click here for more information.
JANUARY 2020 FEATURED GAMING PROMOTIONS
- Activity Tracker – January 20-22
- All 24K Select Club Cardholders are eligible to participate. Receive Activity Tracker for every 1,000 Tier Credits accumulated during the promotional period.
- American Express Gift Card Giveaway – January 24-26
- All 24K Select Club Cardholders are eligible to participate. Receive a $25 American Express Gift Card for accumulating 1,500 Tier Credits during the promotional period.
- Your Choice Gift Promotion – January 27-29
- All 24K Select Club Cardholders are eligible to participate. Receive a gift of your choice for accumulating 1,000 Tier Credits during the promotional period.
ONGOING GAMING PROMOTIONS AND TOURNAMENTS
- Daily Poker Tournaments
- Play a hand in No Limit Texas Hold’em in the Poker Room’s daily poker tournaments. Daily Tournaments include two $70 buy-ins at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. and two $50 buy-ins at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Compete in a special Sunday tournament at 11 a.m. featuring a $125 buy-in and $5,000 guaranteed prize pool. Visit the Poker Room or click here for more information.
- New Member Rewards Program
- The 24K Select Club is offering new members who earn 20 Slot Points a chance to spin and win up to $1,000 in Free Slot Play and a $10 in Table Match Play. Visit the 24K Select Club for more information.
GAMING LESSONSLearn to play a new game or perfect skills with Golden Nugget’s free daily gaming lessons. Lessons are held on the casino floor. Ask a dealer or floor supervisor for directions.
- Three Card Poker, Crazy 4 Poker, Let It Ride, Pai Gow Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’Em and Mississippi Stud Poker
- Daily – 10:00 a.m.
- Craps Lessons
- Monday-Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.; Thursday-Sunday at 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Blackjack Lessons
- Daily – 11:00 a.m.
- Roulette Lessons
- Daily – 11:30 a.m.