All the couples saying “I Do” this February are about to be treated to an even bigger celebration as the Wedding Capital of the World™ hosts a month of celebrations and special offers with the inaugural Wedding Month, February 1-28, 2022. Spearheaded by Clark County Clerk Lynn Marie Goya, the local wedding industry from the Strip to the suburbs has come together to say, “Thank you!” to its couples with a variety of special offers and events, including the expected issuance of the 5-millionth marriage license since the founding of Clark County in 1909.
The festivities kick off with the County Commission proclaiming February “Wedding Month.” Celebrations continue from there. Newlyweds and married couples alike can take advantage of a variety of special offers from complimentary champagne toasts to specialty desserts to wedding discounts and shout-outs from their favorite entertainers by signing up at pass.fivemillionlovestories.com. Pass users go to the offering of choice and show the offer to the vendor to redeem. Map functions and more help to showcase all of the participating locations.
“February is always a popular month due to Valentine’s Day, but this year is going to be even more exciting because of our specialty dates 2-2-22, 2-20-22 and 2-22-22. In addition, we anticipate our 5-millionth marriage license hitting this month and that is a huge deal to us, so we wanted to also make it extra special for our couples. Only in Vegas, the Wedding Capital of the World, do we do something this special for our wedding couples,” said Goya.
Timeline of events:
- Stay Tuned: Office of the Clark County Clerk expects to issue Clark County’s 5-millionth marriage license some time in February
- Feb. 1: County Commission proclaims February ‘Wedding Month’
- Feb. 1: pass.fivemillionlovestories.com launches with a variety of special offers and discounts in honor of Wedding Month
- Feb. 2: the first specialty wedding date of the year kicks off with 2-2-22
- Feb. 10-22: the Pop-Up Marriage License Office opens at Harry Reid International Airport (open 8 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Feb. 11: New love story mural by local artist Jerry Misko installed at the Clark County Marriage License Bureau Plaza
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day!
- Feb. 17: Welcome to Las Vegas sign lit with red, white and pink bulbs at 8:30 a.m.
- Feb. 22: rumor has it Twos-day, 2-22-22 is on track to be most popular date of all time